In Drupal 8 Multisite setup is almost same as the Drupal 7.
Drupal Also explain full documentation of the multisite setup here, But we make it quiet simple in following steps:
- Firstly setup your subdomain to points to drupal 8 directory, lets assume it as site1.domain.com
- Create a new database for your site1.domain.com
- Now make a directory in sites/ folder, it should be like this /sites/site1 .
- Copy default.settings.php in site1 directory,and rename to settings.php.
- Now Create files directory in site1 folder.
- Then Rename example.sites.php to sites.php in sites folder and put below code at bottom of file (change names according to your domain name and folder name) : -
$sites = [
'domain.com' => 'default',
'site1.domain.com' => 'site1',
- Now if all goes perfect, then open "site1.domain.com" in your browser and you will the setup or Installation of drupal 8.