Steps to installing drush using composer on server
- login to putty
- check the composer is install and working by "composer --version"
- For installing drush type - composer global require drush/drush:7.* (a process is running up wait until complete-see below)
Changed current directory to /home/fsinnw1evfmi/.composer
./composer.json has been created
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
- Installing symfony/yaml (v2.8.36)
- Installing symfony/polyfill-mbstring (v1.7.0)
- Installing symfony/var-dumper (v2.8.36)
- Installing psr/log (1.0.2)
- Installing pear/console_table (v1.2.1)
- Installing d11wtq/boris (v1.0.10)
- Installing drush/drush (7.4.0)
symfony/var-dumper suggests installing ext-symfony_debug ()
pear/console_table suggests installing pear/Console_Color2 (>=0.1.2)
Writing lock file
Generating autoload files
- Now let the system know where the drush is place on sever so for this set the environment variable, for this find the "/home/fsinnw1evfmi/.composer" folder and search vendor folder and drush folder inside vendor folder, now set the path using export command below
- export PATH="$PATH:/home/fsinnw1evfmi/.composer/vendor/drush/drush"
- Now type drush status and hit enter, if it is installed correctly and you will get the results.
Note: For the video tutorial use this link